We’ll be running a workshop in Auckland next month on how to use social media, especially Facebook, to market books and ebooks.
Love it or hate it, social media – with Facebook and Twitter to the fore – are taking over more and more of the discussion around books. Books are a traditional word-of-mouth sale so understanding and being part of that online conversation is essential.
I’ve developed this book marketing training course with social media and internet marketing expert Michael Carney. Michael is well-known in marketing and media circles in New Zealand. He is an author as well as all-round marketing and tech guy and his online social media courses have been taken by hundreds of marketers in the past few months.
The course will be useful for publishers, booksellers, authors and librarians, many of whom are using or planning to use social media. It doesn’t assume prior knowledge and we’re confident that you’ll find plenty of good tips, whether you’re just starting out or you are an old hand.
Here’s a quick outline of the course content from the promo blurb.
This one day course explains the social concepts and techniques you’ll need to understand and master. It gives you a practical toolkit of techniques you can use that are vital for success with social media marketing.
- Why Social Media has reached the tipping point in New Zealand
- The Five Unique Attractions of Social Media for Publishers, Authors and Booksellers
- 12 Keys to Effective Promotion on Social Networks
- Targeting: Who are your customers?
- Collective vs Niche: How should you promote your list?
- How to set yourself up on Facebook
- How to add content to your pages
- Sneaky ways to add your first followers
- You talkin’ to me? How to listen and engage
And, of course, much more.
Here’s the link to the full course description and registration details for Social Media Marketing for Books and Ebooks which will be held in Auckland on 31 August 2011. We look forward to seeing you there.